Extra virgin olive oil is a healthy product, because it is obtained directly from a fruit (and not form seeds) and only with natural methods, without using any chemical additive.
It is the prince of the Mediterranean Diet, a food-style that is appreciated all over the world because it is healthy and tasty at the same time.
Thanks to the content of monounsaturated fats, vitamins and antioxidants, extra virgin olive oil is good for the human health and prevents several diseases. For example:
- It reduces the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL)
- It increases the levels of good cholesterol (HDL)
- It prevents heart attacks and cardiovascular diseases
- It prevents ageing
- It prevents degenerative diseases
- It prevents a few forms of cancer
- It protects our body form free radicals
- It helps digestion
Extra virgin olive oils can stand high temperature cooking. Therefore it is the ideal oil for frying